Hillsdale College Home Connection Rental Lease Agreement Terms and Conditions
This agreement constitutes a contract between the Guest(s) and the Owner (Lodging Associate; homeowner) who has contracted with Hillsdale College Home Connection (Hillsdale College) acting as Agent. Lodging Associates may not act as "hosts". The agreement is to provide a portion of their home for guest use. Each location differs in style, size, amenities offered etc. It is the responsibility of the guest to search through each location and pick the one that best fits their needs and desires.
Please read this Rental Lease Agreement thoroughly. Any booking accepted by Hillsdale College Home Connection indicates the acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Rental Lease Agreement. It is the responsibility of the guest(s) to be familiar with all policies within this agreement. This rental agreement is entered into by and between the renter, hereinafter referred to as “Guest”, and Hillsdale College Home Connection hereinafter referred to as “Agent”.
1. Reservation Requirements: Reservations are not considered complete until a booking confirmation has been received by the Guest and payment has been received by the Agent. A security deposit may be required by Owner, released upon check out. Reservations consisting of two or less rental nights or reservations booked 14 days or less prior to arrival date will require payment in full on reservation date. Fees associated with rental itself or damages resulting from Guest(s) will be charged to the guest’s credit card with the guest notified of the damage no greater than 48 hours after the rental term’s completion. The lodging associate (homeowner) and the agent (Hillsdale College) reserve the right to decline a booking request the day prior to a booked date, regardless of availability. These instances will be handled on a case by case basis.
2. Cancellations: Cancellations may be subject to no refund if cancellation occurs less than seven days prior to the date booked for a stay. If a reservation is cancelled seven days prior to the booking date, a full refund (minus 5% administrative fee) will be made to guest's credit card. Cancellations within a week of booking are subject to a 50% refund after the 5% administrative fee has been deducted.
3. Confirmation of Reservation: Confirmation of the reservation will be emailed to Guest(s) upon receipt of the reservation and security deposit.
4. Acts of God: Neither Owner nor Agent shall be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather. No rebate or refund will be offered in these circumstances.
5. Age Requirements: Guests under the age of 21 unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian will not be permitted to register and will lose all funds paid to Agent. Any reservations made under false pretenses will result in loss of advance payments, security deposit, and possible removal of guest from rental unit. No fraternity, sorority, or house parties will take place on any booked premises. Violations of this may result in immediate eviction with no refund of any monies. The agent reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
6. Maximum Occupancy: At all times, the maximum occupancy (unless otherwise specified) is the number the room sleeps, including infants. Agent reserves the right to pre-approve guests and visitors in advance.
7. Furnishings: Though unlikely, furnishings are subject to change without notice. Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, or any other property supplied with the rental property must not be taken out or transferred from one property to another. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to the guest(s).
8. Linens: A basic supply of linen is provided by the Owner in each property. Bed linen and bath towels are not changed during your stay regardless of the length. Owner reserves the right to provide a second set for the Guest(s) use as needed at their discretion.
9. Pets: You acknowledge that NO PETS are allowed in or on the premises unless Agent has expressly authorized such use. Some homes allow pets (Dogs only). The Non-Refundable pet fee is $50.00 per pet. This fee does not cover damage, breakage, or extra cleaning caused by the pet. Prior permission must be granted for pets.
10. Lost and Found: Agent nor property owner (Lodging Associate) will be responsible for guest(s) personal property left behind or lost during stay. If we are able to find an item left behind we are willing to ship it to the registered guest upon request. Shipping charges will be charged to the guest once we are given a valid credit card number. Items unclaimed will be held for a maximum of 14 days at which time the agent reserves the right to dispose of or may elect to donate the item(s) to a local charity.
11. Indemnification and Hold Harmless: Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner (Lodging Associate) and Agent (Hillsdale College Home Connection; Hillsdale College) for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or death or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s) or Guest(s) property and or vehicle.
12. Transportation: Guest(s) acknowledge, unless otherwise arranged, that they are responsible for their own transportation to and from each lodging. Agent may arrange transportation for Guest by utilizing the Hillsdale College shuttle service or provide a personal vehicle. Guest(s) acknowledge that they must have written confirmation of pre-arranged transportation prior to check-in. Additional charges for utilizing the transportation service (shuttle) may be required.
13. Credit Card Agreement and Payment: Guest acknowledges the providing of their credit card number as a guarantee of payment to Agent. Guest agrees to pay all rent and charges related to property rental. Guest accepts all terms of this agreement and accepts all liability and responsibility for any damage beyond normal wear and tear during the duration of the lease. Guest acknowledges costs may be charged to their credit card once they have been notified by Agent within 48 hours of the completion of their stay. Payment is due in full at the time of booking.
14. Acknowledgement of Access: Guest acknowledges that Owner may utilize a “Smart Lock” at their Property allowing convenient Guest access through the use of a smartphone. Additional information may be provided to Guest by the Agent at time of booking.